Lighthouse Psychological Services (LPS) is a full-service, faith-based, psychological clinic. We utilize proven therapeutic techniques to promote changes that bring healing and freedom from psychological, emotional and interpersonal distress. Our services include:
- Individual Therapy: One-on-one sessions with the therapist and individual when the goals of therapy are best addressed individually and/or others related to the issue are unavailable or unwilling to be involved.
- Child and Adolescent Therapy: Treatment is tailored to children and adolescents to include a wide variety of treatment methods, including play therapy, art therapy, music therapy, etc.
- Couples and Marital Therapy: Therapy with two people to resolve issues in their relationship, conflict-resolution, communication skills, etc.
- Family Therapy: Involves the entire nuclear family, members of intergenerational families (grandparent, parent, child), or selected members of families (parent-child) who are impacted by a problem and working together toward resolution.
- Group Therapy: Therapy involves one or more therapists that treat a small group of clients who are unrelated and share common problems and goals. Provides an opportunity to develop social skills, gain immediate feedback about issues, and work in a supportive environment.
- Life Coaching: One-on-one coaching between the therapist and client to determine and achieve goals for the individual which may or may not be related to psychological issues.
- Pre-marital Counseling: For couples involved in significant relationships and preparing for marriage who would like to address potential areas of growth in the relationship and to equip them for conflict resolution, communication skills, etc.
We are also available for speaking engagements.
PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING AND ASSESSMENTS
As a full-service psychological clinic, we are staffed with qualified professionals who conduct psychological testing and assessments including:
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2 (MMPI-2)
- Taylor-Johnson Temperament Analysis (T-JTA)
- Prepare-Enrich Assessment for Couples
- and many more!
PASTOR CONSULTATION GROUPS
San Diego area pastors are being offered free consultation for difficult counseling cases and support for the unique challenges associated with the ministry. The Pastor Consultation Groups provide a two-fold function:
1) Pastors are confronted continuously with difficult counseling cases, family crises, and severe mental illness. These groups will offer information, guidance, and advice from other pastors as well as a licensed psychologist for dealing with these difficult situations.
2) In addition to the consultative function, these groups will provide a supportive environment for the challenges confronting most ministers.
Theological differences will be set aside in order to focus on common struggles associated with the ministry.